After a fantastic year as Chairperson of the PTA I am delighted to have been elected for a second year. Last year was a fantastic for fund raising and I would like to thank you all for your assistance and donations. We had lots of fund raising events such as Cake Stalls, Disco’s, Ladies night, Christmas fayre, Carnival and Castell Beat to name a few. We even ran the Chester Half Marathon to raise money for the School.
From September 2011 to September 2012 we have gifted the following monies to the School:
- Tickets for every child to see the Christmas Pantomime at The Pavilion Theatre (£1400)
- Photocopying, toner and other sundries (£3500)
- Website (£1000)
- Complete new reading scheme for Infants and Juniors (£4500)
- Dictionaries and Year books for Year 6 leaving service.
- Party for the Jubilee.
- Contribution towards the cost of the coach for Class 2 to attend the Jamboree.
We have lots more events in the planning for this year including a regular DVD night, Spooky Night, Auction of Promises, Sponsored Fire walk and Christmas Fayre alongside our usual community events such as the Carnival and Castell Beat 2013.
I would like to thank Tracey Kerfoot for her years of hard work and devotion to the PTA; she has now stepped down from being a Committee Officer but remains on the General Committee board.
We are all PTA members and your feedback and support is important. If you can spare just a little bit of time and volunteer your services to the PTA from time to time it would be gratefully appreciated. It’s also an excellent opportunity to give something back to a fantastic school. Dates and details of all of our events to follow very soon.